BUBW was launched in 2006 to give American high school students and International exchange students, of diverse cultural backgrounds and various faith traditions, the opportunity to meet and learn from one another. The international exchange students are in the U.S. through U.S. Department of State sponsored programs such as YES, FLEX, CBYX, and A-SMYLE, as well as other private exchange students. The conference is held annually in America in three locations, Orlando, Florida, San Diego, California and Baltimore, Maryland. CECF has currently conducted 30 BUBW conferences with participants coming from 68 countries. Recently, CECF has expanded the BUBW conferences to other locations across the world.
The most pressing issue our youth face today is how they view the “other”. CECF has aimed to transcend these boundaries of fear through collaborative interactions and multicultural dialogue with students from various faith traditions and cultures around the world via:
- Diversity & Multi-Cultural Competency Training
- Leadership Development
- Conflict Resolution & Peace Building Workshops
- Interfaith Experiences
BUBW aims to breakdown the stereotypes and the barriers that lead to fear and hate. Despite a surge in the use of social media, people still lack the face-to-face dialogue needed to foster understanding, respect, compassion and cooperation amongst the various nations and communities of our ever so intricate world.
While the interfaith segment of the conference is principally focused on the Abrahamic faiths of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, participation is open to all youth/young professionals (ages 18 – 35), irrespective of their faith tradition, and is also open to participants, who may be secular or not active in any faith tradition.
- Facilitate dialogue that fosters mutual understanding and cooperation between youth from diverse economic, social, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Expose youth to the beauty of diverse faith practices in a pluralistic world with emphasis on respect, common values and our shared humanity
- Discuss the dangers and solutions for discrimination, radicalism, ethnic nationalism and religious extremism, which have historically been recipes for wars and conflicts for many civilizations
- Introduce various aspects of leadership and skills building
- Cultivate ties of friendship and encourage future leaders of tomorrow to foster and seek out a better world and a better future for all.
Registration is open for CECF’s 2020 series of Better Understanding for a Better World Conferences. The conferences are offered to American high school students, International students and International Exchange students studying in the America under the auspices of the U.S. Department of State’s exchange programs and they will be conducted in:
- Baltimore, MD (April 15 – 19)
- Phoenix, AZ (March 25 – 29) – CANCELED
To learn more about the Baltimore conference, please click below for:
Contact Kimberly King at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
You may now register online for the 2020 BUBW-Baltimore Conference!
Click here to open the form in a new window, or fill out the form below to register online for the 2020 BUBW Baltimore Conference.